Have you a favourite song? You will need to be confident about the words and the tune. Can you teach it to someone in your family or to a friend online? Think about the following:
- Can you write down the words for them?
- Try splitting the song into shorter sections and working on one section at a time.
- Are there any repeated parts of the melody or is there is a chorus? Make sure that you point these out.
- If the person you are teaching gets stuck how will you make it easier?
- Make sure that you are not trying to get them to sing too high or too low for their voice.
- Don’t forget to say well done at the end!